Sunday, December 8, 2013

Healthy Baking Date Night with Kaite and Trip To Philadelphia

Hello FitForME followers!

Kaite and I wanted to tell you all about our baking night! I wanted to make a few treats for my trip to Philadelphia with my dad and invited Kaite over to help! We made Blueberry coconut-almond muffins, "Skinny Snickerdoodles", chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, and granola!! This is Kaite in the Italic writing! I can't wait to have a baking night at my place! And Definitely making healthy meals to put in the freezer to help when times get busy!

We will definitely be planning one of these nights again in the future for a few reasons.
1. It is always fun to bake with another person. Especially someone like Kaite! And Someone as awesome as Kendra ;)

2. We got to try 4 new recipes and each took home half of the goodies! But- we only did half the work because we each tackled two recipes. Even taking home "half" of a recipe was a lot of goodies!

3. It is a great way to stock pile baked goodies for a trip or the next few weeks. My dad and I were going to be away for a few days so I wanted to make sure we had enough snacks and breakfast items! I have been sharing the yummy treats with my family, and I froze some so I have healthy treats when I need a pick me up :)

My personal favorites were the Snickerdoole cookies that we found on Chocolate Covered Kaite's blog. You can find her recipe here: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/11/08/skinny-snickerdoodles/

We made these cookies even healthier by using almond milk instead of regular milk and made sure to use whole wheat flour.

My only suggestion for improving this recipe is to multiply it by 4! I doubled the recipe but only ended up with 10 or so small cookies.

My Personal favorite was the granola! We did half honey-oat with spices, raisins, and dried cranberries. The other half is my favorite.... Chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Need I say more? ;)

If you are making cookies for the holidays-grab a friend to share some of the work! You both end up with a bigger variety with half of the work! And twice the fun <3




Granola was so amazing!

And I loved loved these cookies!!!

All of the goodies!



1 comment:

  1. Great job ladies! Treats and website look great. :) keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!